Monday, January 16, 2012

M.L.K. Jr.

Yea I know I'm an old white guy, what would I know. Well I lived though those times. At first it was kind of weird cuz I was born and raised you see in the northwest and we really didn't have the problems up here in Washington state that they had down south. Most of what we saw was on the TV, it was like watching riots in other countries. I remember I had colored friends from grade school through high school, my parents to had colored friends they came over for nights of playing music or playing cards you know the stuff adults got together and did. Oh and coloreds were any one not white, not something bad! In fact most of the people up here never thought much about it. Then I went in the service and was stationed down south and I have to say it was a different world! They had different restaurants, bathrooms and drinking fountains, it was like what? It didn't seem to make much sense. I found out when I went to Vietnam It didn't matter what the color of your skin was as long as the people around you could be trusted to cover your back and you could be trusted to cover theirs. I found out we were all the same color on the in side especially when those insides were spread all over the ground. You see I lost a lot of friends of a lot of different colors and I think of them all the same they were good and brave friends, you see I didn't judge them by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. Smoking Dan.

1 comment:

  1. This was greatly put its not the color of our skin it's what is inside us that really matters great blog

    ReplyDelete